Sunday, November 2, 2008

Obamapalooza and the VIP Guest List

Barack Obama is planning his election night rally in Chicago's Grant Park. It is a ticket only event and I'm one of the lucky ones to have scored one. 65,000 people are expected to be in attendance, along with 7,500 media people and campaign workers. Believe or not, I wasn't going to go to the rally due to safety reasons and my hate for huge crowds. But then I came to my senses and knew I would regret not going to such a historic event. Not to mention that I've obsessively followed this election for months now. 

Many in the media are calling the Obama rally "Obamapalooza." It's being held at Hutchinson Field, which also hosted Lollapalooza, and it's been reported that the Texas concert promoterswho put on Lollapalooza will be staging the rally.

Many have been wondering if Oprah Winfrey will be in attendance Tuesday night. Chicago is her hometown and she's been quite vocal for her support for Obama. Well CBS 2 has confirmed that she will be there, along with Samuel L. Jackson, Senator Dick Durbin, Mayor Dailey and host of local political figures.

Watch the CBS 2's report below:





No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter