Wednesday, October 29, 2008

McCain Grumpy with a 13-yr-old Reporter

The Concord Reporter recently interviewed an eighth-grader about her experiences covering the presidential candidates in New Hampshire for Scholastic News.

Which candidates have you met? I've spoken with John McCain four, five or six times. During the primary I met Mike Huckabee, Mitt Romney . . . I met John Edwards, and most recently (Joe) Biden. I saw Obama in Manchester in September. I worked so hard, begged and begged the staff people and ended up getting a one-on-one, awesome sit-down interview with Obama.

Whom do you like most? It was exciting to meet Obama and McCain, though I interviewed McCain so many times he starts to notice my red shirt, because I have a uniform, and says "I've answered her questions before." It's almost like he's a little grumpy with me now.

What did you ask Obama? I said, "You're a tough guy, I'm a tough girl living in a tough world. What advice do you have for tough people like me to make a difference in the world?" I also created five fun facts where I give two choices and he picks one. . . . For Red Sox or Cubs, he goes "neither." All his staff people cracked up laughing.

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter